I offer back office solutions to mission-based organizations that want to focus on their mission. Let’s face it: you probably didn’t get into this work because you are good at preparing for audits. You’re trying to save the world. That’s laudable, but in order to operate effectively, you need to have solid systems in place. That’s where I come in.
I have always enjoyed working for small organizations where, especially in the nonprofit universe, there is a lot of overlap of duties. Therefore, even though my specialty has been fundraising, I’ve had to learn about – and lead – HR, finance, operations, and evaluation efforts as well. This has allowed me to see the big picture of how these pieces work together and how they can work better. Here’s a list of the services I offer.
I have worked with the following organizations (paid and pro bono projects)
- Burlington Farmers Market
- The Colorado Independent
- Denver Tool Library
- Denver Urban Gardens
- Funders Concerned About AIDS
- INMED Partnerships for Children
- Just Shea
- The Minga Foundation
- National Employment Law Project
- Participatory Culture Foundation
- Right Rides for Women’s Safety
- Take our Daughters and Sons to Work (TM) Foundation
- Teach With Africa
- Ubuntu Pathways (fka Ubuntu Education Fund)
- Young Heroes Foundation
Looking for help with your nonprofit career? Check out my career coaching services and resources here.